Banner picture

Background.

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Mr. steal yo' girl.

Guess what today is!? Christmas Eve, Eve! How exciting! I'd have to admit that as I've grown older I haven't been nearly as excited about Christmas as I used to be. I think as you grow older and realize that not only is Santa not real (Sorry if I spoiled it for you), but Christmas becomes more about giving than receiving. Which is a good thing I think. And every year Christmas sneaks up on me like someone in a dark alley jumping out from behind the dumpster!...Except Christmas isn't creepy like that. You get the point though. I never have ideas of what I would like for Christmas when my family asks me as the holiday approaches. And not to mention I never have any idea what to get my grandparents or my dad or older brother. Grandparents just go out and buy thing that they want, so how the heck am I supposed to think of anything!? And my dad and older brother...well I'm basically clueless when it comes to them most of the time. I immediately think of a movie or a cd, because well lets face it, men are ridiculous to shop for a lot of the time. 

Also, my best friend from junior high is coming into town. I'm really excited to see her! However, it was kind of an out of nowhere surprise that she decided to come to Utah to visit. She's coming from New Mexico tonight and will arrive here tomorrow early in the morning. Which means she will be here over Christmas. I mean I'm really glad she is coming, but all my family is down and I also want to keep her involved so she isn't alone on Christmas, but I had to run out and get her something for Christmas because I didn't want to not buy her something you know? I just will feel bad opening Christmas gifts with her around. Plus Christmas day is just busy in general.

And the best news of all? I get to talk to Tyler on Christmas day! I'm so excited it isn't even funny. His dad told me it'd probably be around 1 or 2 but they would let me know for sure tomorrow after he calls them to set up a time. I really really hope we get to talk to him longer than we did on Mother's Day. I guess that day was all about his mom and all, but I only got to talk to him for like 4 minutes tops. And I really could use a cheering up by hearing his voice. I've been waiting for letters for over a month now, stupid Brazil mail system... I really just need a battery recharge this Christmas. So basically I'm excited for Christmas to hear Tyler's voice, rather than all the gifts and all that jazz. Which makes me proud of myself for not being caught up in the chaos of the holiday season and the "give me give me give me" attitude that I used to have as a child. I'm thinking this Christmas is going to be one of the best I've ever had. :)

2 comments:

  1. my boyfriend is also on his mission in Brazil. Mailing is not pleasant whatsoever. He has 13 months left. Im 17 years old and just wanted to thank you for doing this blog. It has helped me immensely with missing my missionary. It makes me feel like im not alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that my blog has helped someone! It feels great to know that other people are in the same boat huh? If you aren't already you need to join the "Waiting for a Missionary" group on facebook, the group of girls on that page have become some of my closest friends and are there for me anytime I need to talk. Best of luck to both of you on waiting for you missionary (: if the time is going slow now, just wait, it'll be going so fast you won't even realize it and then he'll be home again.

    ReplyDelete