That's right folks. School starts in 2 days. FML. I'm really not ready to go back. I enjoy sleeping in and doing whatever I want all day long way too much for my own good. But what is a girl to do? Nothing. Because I have already registered and will be paying a whopping $1,335 check on Monday for my tuition. And since we're on the topic of my tuition fee, you should know that last year I had a $2000 scholarship. This year I was unable to get my scholarship again because of my evil cosmetology instructor. Because I was finishing up cosmetology (15 credit hours) I was only able to take one other 3 credit hour class toward my generals. So there I was taking 2 classes. TWO! Cosmetology took up 6.5 hours every day. My instructor refuses to give anyone higher than a B in our lab portion of class. I had an A+ in Theory (because I'm a genius of course) but always a B in Lab. Even though I was told multiple times by all my other teachers that I was doing great in my hairstyling, color, and cutting portions of lab. Still a B. Because of this B, and the fact that I was only taking two classes. The B in lab and the A from Group Communications (fall semester) and Criminal Justice (spring semester) it caused my GPA to lower. Giving me a 3.3 GPA. My scholarship demands a 3.5 GPA to keep my scholarship. Yeah, cosmetology instructor, I hope your cat runs away and you're left all alone in your house. So yes, I am forced to actually pay for my education this year..(sigh) I'm not happy about that one bit.
Next thing that is on my mind about school. When did school shopping become un-fun. Yes I said un-fun! I don't care if it's a word or not, it's true. Clothes shopping, I can totally do that. Love it to death. But getting school supplies used to make me all sorts of giddy. Unfortunately, not that I'm in college I don't need to buy myself colored pencils or fun things to decorate my locker with. It's a pity. Decorating my locker used to be my favorite thing about the beginning of the year. Always coming up with a new way to decorate it, a new theme, or just something super creative I could make at home.
What I'm actually excited about? The dance on the first night of school! It's the "Get to know you stomp" They have it in the pit. (middle of campus by the fountain and the commons where people go outside to eat and such.) Last year I had a complete and total blast. They give you a white shirt that has a printed badge that says Hello my name is: and then you let people write all over your shirt that you've never even met before. Madness! People writing on clothes? People I don't even KNOW writing on my clothes!? Yes, it's love. I love it. Plus the dancing, umm yeah I am an awesome dancer. People hover as I show of my mad dance skills. Ha! Only joking. Also on my list of things to be excited about, I will be going to the basketball games and getting more involved this year. It's been decided. I'm going to make a million new friends too. Just because I can, that's why.
Next thing that is on my mind about school. When did school shopping become un-fun. Yes I said un-fun! I don't care if it's a word or not, it's true. Clothes shopping, I can totally do that. Love it to death. But getting school supplies used to make me all sorts of giddy. Unfortunately, not that I'm in college I don't need to buy myself colored pencils or fun things to decorate my locker with. It's a pity. Decorating my locker used to be my favorite thing about the beginning of the year. Always coming up with a new way to decorate it, a new theme, or just something super creative I could make at home.
What I'm actually excited about? The dance on the first night of school! It's the "Get to know you stomp" They have it in the pit. (middle of campus by the fountain and the commons where people go outside to eat and such.) Last year I had a complete and total blast. They give you a white shirt that has a printed badge that says Hello my name is: and then you let people write all over your shirt that you've never even met before. Madness! People writing on clothes? People I don't even KNOW writing on my clothes!? Yes, it's love. I love it. Plus the dancing, umm yeah I am an awesome dancer. People hover as I show of my mad dance skills. Ha! Only joking. Also on my list of things to be excited about, I will be going to the basketball games and getting more involved this year. It's been decided. I'm going to make a million new friends too. Just because I can, that's why.

No comments:
Post a Comment