Banner picture

Background.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Peek-a-boo!!

Holy crap look who it is? Oh yeah, it's me. Where have I been? Well you see, since the semester started I have been working, going to school, and hanging out with a bunch of friends new and old. Don't you worry your little heads, I'm still waiting for my missionary. No new boy toy for this girl. So anyways, as of right now I am sitting at my house waiting for this so called "blizzard of the century" to begin. They literally closed my campus today by 1pm. I guess I understand that they want the students driving back home for the holidays to get out of town safely and what not. But we live in Utah, the snow is not uncommon for us. I'm used to driving in it and it's really not that stressful for me. I'm actually stoked for there to be some snow on the ground, I love it! School has been great, Tyler has been doing good. Tyler made senior missionary :) He's excited  but sort of nervous about it at the same time, but he's always been a leader in school and in sports so I know he will do wonderful. 

The crazy thing, Thanksgiving is basically here. And the scary part..Black Friday. I'm just a little bit concerned for my life is all. You know how crazy those shoppers get. You've seen the stories in the news about people getting trampled and even killed at stores on Black Friday. Black Friday is no joke, I should have started working out and buffing up for this or something, I feel totally unprepared! I'm going again this year to help my mom get all the things she wants to get gift wise for Christmas. Last year I went and waited in line for my best friend's parents to get them a tv because they weren't going until early in the morning. Yeah I waited in line from 10pm on Thanksgiving night until 5am the next morning for a tv that wasn't even something I wanted to buy for someone, it was for someone else. I sat in the frozen food isle for 7 hours. I froze. Tyler was with me though :) We played Phase 10 and Skip-Bo basically the entire time. I really wish he was here this year, I had so much fun doing that with him. Anywho, it should be a crazy eventful thanksgiving break. I'll try to keep you guys posted more often. Everyone have a Happy Thanksgiving! Travel safe!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Chantel, I am almost in the same boat as you. My boyfriend will be leaving on his mission soon, but I just wanted to say good job for how far you guys have made it! I will be doing the same thing very soon. I have no idea what it is going to be like, but I really hope it's not too hard! Good luck to both of you in the remaining months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing I love more than hearing of a new missionary girlfriend to be! First of all, congrats on finding a guy that is selfless enough to serve the Lord for 2 years! And my first piece of advice to you is to take pictures and pictures and MORE pictures before he leaves! You will be SO happy you did! Second, stay busy after he leaves. Going to school, working, and hanging out with my close friends has helped me immensely! If you sit around the house doing nothing you have more time to think about how much you miss him. It will be slow at first, and I'm not going to lie there will be tears along the way, but the weepy weeks will pass. Before you know it you'll hit your year mark like I just did! And it feels so great that I'm even more in love with him than ever and I'm still maintaining my independence and I'm having a great time even though he isn't here. Best of luck to you and I'm always here for advice or just to talk :) You can do this, it's totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you! I appreciate all the advice, and I might need more along the way! Haha. I have 13 days left until he leaves! It's crazy how fast it is going. Some people have told me we both will change and the feelings may not be there as strongly as they were by the time he gets back. I really hope that is not the case, and it does not seem that way with you your missionary. I'm glad to see a successful couple so far along the way! I'm thinking those people just don't know how it will be, and it will all work at for good! :) I told my missionary, "I will give you to the Lord for just two years, two years- that's nothing compared to the eternity he will give back to us!" I like to think of it this way, it definitely helps! :) Do you get to write to each other once a week?

    ReplyDelete