Ok, sorry that I haven't updated in such a long time. I swore I wasn't going to be one of those people who gets a blog started and then completely abandons it. However, with school and work, I'm away from home for 12 hours of the day. So when I finally am home, I'm either doing homework, facebooking, or leaving to hang out with friends. I'm sure many can relate to this, so I'll assume I am forgiven. And even if I'm not, tough, because there is nothing you can do about it :) So I got my first letter from Tyler exactly one month after he left to Brazil. It was a Monday, and I got a second one that Thursday. I noticed by the date that they were stamped in Brazil and the date that he wrote on his letter, that it takes more time to be delivered when it's actually in Brazil than it takes to get to the U.S. It takes like a week from Brazil to Utah..however while it's still in Brazil, it takes FOREVER! So I'm back to another month of waiting for a response. I sent him two letters yesterday and I'm going to be sending his birthday package this week. I'm sure it will take a few weeks to get to him, and his birthday is the last of this month so I figured it'd be a good idea to send it soon. I wasn't really too sure what to send. I sent a lot of candy because they don't really have candy in Brazil. They eat Halls cough drops as candy. How sick is that? They also do not sell peanut butter anywhere there (according to Tyler's e-mails that his family forwards to me.) Also, Tyler got mugged. Yeah, I said it, he got mugged. Holy crap. I freaked out. His first e-mail talking about it was along the lines of "I got mugged. LOL. I got transfered to a new area..." end of story. Seriously Tyler? I hate when he does that, he just leaves important details out and laughs things off. So we were all really curious as to what happened. So his dad asked him in an e-mail to explain what happened, he also said "I won't tell your mother but you need to tell me what happened." So he wrote back the following week explaining that the two guys that mugged them though Tyler and his companion were security guards. (they just wear their white short sleeves, no suits because of the heat) And the guys wanted their guns. So they had a knife to them I guess. He said that he got kicked and one of them puncehd him in the face. They made them get on the ground and patted them down. He never really did explain what happened in the end, whether they took their money or anything from them. So I'm not really sure on that part. But he laughed it off, as usual. He said the guy who punched him in the face was a sissy and hit like a girl. And I also remember him stating "We could have taken them, but I know that's not what the Lord would have wanted, haha." I love that boy so much, I can't believe he just laughs stuff like that off. I was totally freaked out but I know I'll have to get used to the fact that it can happen anytime while he is there and is not at all uncommon. Anyways, news on the other men around. Eh, the whole RM thing is pretty much over and I really don't feel bad about it. It wasn't really an official "we're done hanging out" or anything, we just kind of stopped talking slowly. He still chats with me every now and then and says we need to hang out, but I never take him seriously. If he really wanted to hang out he would invite me to do something rather than just talk about making plans. I have been hanging out with a basketball player from my school. He is super cute, but once again I know he won't replace Tyler. So I'm not really worried about it, I like being able to go on dates with other guys and know that I'm not going to get an emotional tie to them. Life is kind of blah right now. I go to take my state boards for my cosmetology license next Wednesday so I'm a bit freaked about that. But I'll be glad to get it over with. Cross your fingers that I pass :S

No comments:
Post a Comment