Banner picture

Background.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Babysitting, and memories.

Tyler's father usually has me watch one of their dogs when they go out of town. I was expecting to do that this week while they went to Park City for a week. Imagine my surprise when his dad texts me and asks me to watch his 17 year old daughter Taren instead. I love Taren to death :) She is only 2 years behind me in school and she is adorable! She had to come back after two days to go to Drill Team practice and she didn't want to sleep at their house alone. So I've been having sleepovers there for the last two nights, along with my friend Autumn. So last night we were talking about Tyler and all these old memories. Oh boy the memories. So I'll share one that once was totally humiliating, but was totally hilarious to look back on.

Let's go back to a night during my senior year. It was basketball season. Tyler wasn't in high school anymore because he graduated the year before me. Our local Sonic had made a deal with our school that if our team scored 50 points in a game that they would give everyone with a game stamp on their hand a free small drink. So after a home game that we scored 50 points in, all of the students from the game headed over to Sonic. I was with some friends and Tyler was hanging with his friends as well. We were sitting inside waiting on our drinks and my guy friend Ryan was standing next to the booth I was in and was talking to my friends and I. Needless to say, Tyler and Ryan are NOT best friends, and Ryan had a thing for me. So when Tyler walked into Sonic Ryan followed my gaze and simply said "I'll talk to you later then." And walked away. Tyler sat down and got his drink and stayed for a bit. He and his friends left a bit later and I told him to text me later. Sonic was packed. So it wasn't a big deal when Ryan and another basketball player Dayton were standing next to our booth talking to each other. We weren't even conversing with them, they were just standing where there was room. All of a sudden Tyler comes back into Sonic and walks toward my booth...looking furious. For what reason, I'm not really sure. He walks up and shoves Ryan out of the way and sits down at my booth. Sonic goes silent. This would be the moment where my face became a tomato shade of red and I told Tyler he was being ridiculous. Ryan, being smaller than Tyler physically, walked away and didn't even try to defend himself. Which was probably a very smart idea. Well Taren was sharing her part of the story that I had never heard before. Apparently later that night Tyler came home and sat next to Taren on the couch. She looked over and noticed he was mad so she asked what was wrong. He told her "Ryan is a douche bag." And she said "Okay..." And he said, "do you have his phone number?" And she said yes, and then gave it to him. I totally forgot until that part of the story that I told Tyler he needed to apologize to Ryan before I would forgive him. He was not at all happy about it. Oh boy do I wish I had been on the other end of that telephone call. Boys are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment