Banner picture

Background.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I'm not bitter.

493 days to go. Will this never end? I mean really, it seems like I've gone a long way, but it hasn't even been a year yet and it feels like it's been an eternity. He's imaginary now. It literally feels like I've made him up and he was just a figment of my imagination the entire time he was here. And then after 3 weeks I get a letter and he starts to feel real again. After another 3-4 weeks of waiting what I gained is lost again until another letter arrives. How pathetic am I to need a letter to realize that the man I love really does exist? And I am so sick of these girls all around me boobing about not seeing their boyfriend for a week. I have no pity for you! You have no idea what it is like to feel incomplete for 2 years. Grow a pair and stop crying, seriously. Look how bitter I've become? It's sad really. I'm not usually like this. Not bitter at least. Sometimes I feel angry. Angry that he left me here for 2 years. But of course that makes me selfish. And I hate that. I hate that I have to be so selfish when he is being so selfless by going on this mission. In the end it will all be worth it right? Sure as heck better be.

On another note, I just got back from Hawaii last week. My familia and I enjoyed 8 days of sun and horrendous humidity. Yay for frizzy hair! We did a lot of different stuff though, which was great and tiring all at once. We did the whole Pearl Harbor experience, we went scuba diving at Hanauma Bay (which was so amazing!), we went to the Dole Pineapple factory, we went to the international market and the Ala Moana shopping center with over 290 stores and restaurants. We also rented mopeds. That part was way cool, and also very scary. lol. Lets just say it took a while for me to get the hang of the leaning to turn part. I was generally concerned for the well being of other people around me. But all was well in the end. The flight to and from Oahu was the part that sucked endlessly. The 7 hour flight to Hawaii, we had a family that didn't get their seats next to each other, so they threw a fit because they didn't have 3 seats so a lady could sit with her twin babies and was asking someone else to give up their seat. Um..that is not our job lady, you should have gotten your seats by each other for that reason. It eventually worked out somehow after they held the plane up about 25 minutes. Then her babies SCREAMED nearly the entire flight. Oh, and the plane ride home? Yeah, 2 hour flight delay. We were supposed to leave at 10:50pm Honolulu time, but we ended up taking off about 1:30am there. We literally got off our plane and ran to the next gate to get on our connecting flight so we wouldn't miss it. Longest night of my life. The actually vacation time was a blast though :) U.S. Airways, you ruin my life, never flying with you again! $7 for a pillow!? Are you kidding me! Go Delta! haha. Anywho, that's about all there is for an update as of now. Tyler is doing well, transferred to a new area that is very tropical. They actually had a season of Survivor in this area. I can't remember how to spell it though. He has been out almost 8 months now. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah I get sick of those whiney girls too!! My friend only gets to see her boyfriend on the weekends.. if I hear her complain more I may slap her :) Haha love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to know at least somebody reads this! Thanks :) yeah my friend does that occasionally and she sees him like every day. Everytime she says she misses him I'm like "I don't want to hear it!" haha.

    ReplyDelete